Tuesday, August 05, 2014

#SUMMERBREAK

I finally caught up on Summer Break. For those of you not in the know, it's a series on YouTube that follows around some teens in southern California and it is CRAY.

Source


before our crew hits the road, we tweet #x to pause the conversation until we arrive. don’t text & drive #itcanwait


 
Source


Source


Basically, short 5 to 15 minute episodes are posted online and in between these postings, social media events are taking place. The kids are on Twitter and Insta and Snapchat interacting and reacting to whatever episode was just posted. Obviously, there are a lot of behind the back conversations that occur and then they find out and shit hits the fan.

It's even more intriguing because in this world of technology, these kids are basically forced to have face-to-face conversations about their issues for the series instead of only being passive-aggressive on Twitter.

I love it. I wish I had their balls. They are brave. They are also real, real dumb. And whiney. And typical high school kids.


Are you hooked? Does it remind you of "Laguna Beach" like maybe a little bit? I think it's the nostalgia of it that hooked me last summer and it is the drama that has kept me coming back for more!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: