Monday, August 04, 2014

Adult Kids & Making New Friends

I love celebrating birthdays. This weekend I was able to celebrate Sid's birthday with a grown-up spin on an eight-year-old's birthday party dream: driving fast cars around a track and being able to brag to your friends, that you are indeed the fastest and best go-kart driver ever. I didn't drive. I just watched. The wind really messed up my bangs.

::Go-Karts for Sid's 30th Birthday::

::the men making guacamole::

::super cute party hats::

As I near my thirties, I feel that people don't come out unless there is a major reason such as a birthday, a promotion or if someone is moving away for a new opportunity. People have gotten lazy and most likely, comfortable with their couch and a Netflix marathon. Don't get me wrong, I love and sometimes, live for a Netflix marathon. I can't go out both Friday and Saturday night anymore and feel good about myself. Weekends are for chores and catching up on TV and running and one social activity. But one social activity with a large group of friends, doesn't help my single status. After several weekends of similar social outings, the impossible task of meeting a dude has come to the top of my mind. I guess I will have to change my attitude about one social activity a weekend and rely less on my already taken friends for plans. Is there any other way? Besides online dating, how do people meet new people now? Technology is great and last week I read several articles on this same topic. Everyone seems to agree that technology is making people more introverted and it's really difficult to make new friends as an adult. Sometimes, I wish I had an excuse like "I'm new to this city. Please be my friend so that I don't get lost." If only, this was the case.

How do you meet new people? Do you feel constantly stuck behind a computer screen or your phone screen just making new Internet friends? I love Internet friends but some people in my city would be really nice too.

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: