Thursday, August 21, 2014

Boom. Fantasy Football.

Tonight is my fantasy football draft. I'm in one league. It's with work people. Some people are competitive and some just do it for the social aspect of it.

I do it so that I care about the NFL a little more than I used to.

I enjoy watching football. I enjoy watching football more when I have some skin in the game and can brag the next day that my team beat some yo-yo's team. Fantasy football allows me to enjoy football while my status as a Dallas Cowboy fan often disallows me from enjoying football...

There are two things I currently hate/am annoyed by/wish would go away in the NFL. Those two things are:

Tony Romo

&

Johnny Manziel

Both humans can choose to leave football tomorrow and I will rejoice and potentially throw a party. I strongly dislike these two quarterbacks for incredibly different reasons. Tony Romo has been an emotional roller-coaster to my Dallasness. He's so inconsistent. He loves throwing interceptions at just the right moment to send the entire city into cardiac distress. Restaurants and bars have desserts and drink poking fun at Romo and his turnovers. 

The Tony Romo
apple-cinnamon "turnover" with vanilla ice cream ...and we won't fumble it on the way to the table
Cute, Max's Wine Dive. 
And now, that other (for lack of a better word) asshole of a football player, Manziel. He's arrogant and rude and above all, an Aggie. I have no further comment. He's just not a cool dude.
Wish me luck this evening. Often, I get too excited to fill all my starting positions and will be the first to draft both a defense and a kicker. Just deal with it. :)
Hopefully I won't drink too many beers at Hooter's around my fellow league-mates. Also, forgot to mention, I am one of two girls in a league of 20. Don't worry, we have two divisions so I'm just drafting within a group of 10. 
xoxo,
Liz

No comments: