Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Women with Wisdom

Earlier this week, Twitter had a Q&A with Madame Secretary Hillary Clinton. She fielded questions about women and girls as well as international diplomacy. Did you know this happened? I stumbled upon it because I follow Amy Poehler's Smart Girls on tumblr. So today, I feature a different kind of #wcw because instead of a bae, I'm featuring some women that are advocates for women and girls and seek to empower the female population of not just the US but of the world. I hope you have time to watch Hillary Clinton. I learned some things...


Also here is the questions asked by the Smart Girls,


And a pretty awesome quote from Madame Secretary,



And how did I stumble on Amy Poehler and her Smart Girls? YouTube, of course! 



Sometimes I forget that women aren't equal with men from a global point of view. Heck, even from a corporate point of view. And even more in legislation over a woman's ability to make her own health choices. Why aren't women equal? I must become more active in empowering women and girls. Yes, I would consider myself a feminist. Am I good at verbalizing my points of view? Not yet. This is something I continue to work on as a I define my beliefs and values as a human. But today, I started with this. I'm behind ya, Hillary, in whatever way you decide to impact the world. I think you're beautiful and smart and powerful. 

I guess this was a Woman Crush Wednesday post about a bae...

xoxo,
Liz


No comments: