Monday, August 25, 2014

Korean BBQ & Singing Songs Loudly

Jose's birthday is this week so we celebrated with lots of meat and lots of singing. A tradition for Jose's birthday is Family Karaoke which for those of you not familiar, is when you and all of your friends are in a private room and you perform for one another. Or in our case two people have the microphones but everyone ends up singing every song anyway. Prior to karaoke, we went to Koryo Kalbi for Korean BBQ which was excellent. We decided to get a combo platter of meat to cook at our table. It was very interesting. I have never been super adventurous when it comes to food but with the help of friends, I have tried so many things in the past few years. I would never have chosen to eat Korean BBQ by myself. 

Beef

Our Server Cutting the Meat with Scissors
Kevin who sat next to me, was incredibly enthusiastic about trying everything. I think his general excitement helped me to be excited. 

The Whole Crew
And here's a shot of the whole table but unfortunately, you cannot see everyone...


And here's Jose with his cake.



Megan made a peach cake from peaches bought at the farmer's market because she's ultra-fancy. Megan is our group mom who bakes cakes and buys birthday cards and keeps everyone happy. I am always thankful for her and her generous spirit!

At karaoke, people got in to it. There was singing and dancing a lot of soju. What's your go-to karaoke song? I think my go-to song is Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me" or if we are going classic, Madonna "Like a Prayer" because I'm an incredibly classy lady. :)

As a group, we enjoyed "Stereo Heart" and "Wonderwall" and "Moves Like Jagger."

I hope you had an excellent weekend and are looking forward to the week. It's a holiday weekend which should make this week move really slow but I'm hopeful it won't be too bad. 

xoxo,
Liz





No comments: