Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pilates is Hard

So today, I figured I would review the most recent class I took which was Beyond Preston Hollow.



Per the website, this workout is described as "Pilates Hybrid Interval Training on the REFORMER and CHAIR. No cardio equipment in this workout. Highly recommended 1x week as an active recovery day." I had never been to a strictly pilates studio before so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. Let's just say, my abs hurt today and I don't think I need to do lunges for a few days. :)

Cardio - This type of Beyond class was more about toning through resistance. There was one 4 minute interval of cardio that was all. Which is stated in the description so I wasn't disappointed.

Toning - Wow. My butt and legs are still sore from this class. I worked hard. I strongly suggest this type of workout for toning.

Studio Accommodations - Boutique-like studio which has a welcoming tone and staff. There was a place to put your personal items and no space was wasted. 

Instructor Energy - The instructor was high energy, positive and aided attendees in finding the correct form for each of the movements.

Music -  The music was upbeat and songs that you could sing along to if you weren't concentrating too hard on the movements. I had to concentrate pretty hard because I had never used the pilates reformer before. I enjoy music where I could sing if I needed a distraction from the pain.

Confidence -  I felt great after class. I was sweaty, sure, but I walked out with my head held high. It was obvious to me during class which muscles I needed to pay more attention to in order to become stronger. It appears that I have been neglecting my abs (which I knew) and my back muscles. The two kinda go hand in hand so I wasn't surprised, I had just ignored them in order to work my thighs. Everyone has that one part of their body that is visible to them in a not so positive way. For me, this is my thighs. Now, I know that I can't just work my thighs if I want to be stronger. Thanks, pilates. 



Overall, I give Beyond Preston Hollow Pilates Remix five out of five stars. I'll be going back. 

I also love Beyond 500 Henderson and that review will come out soon! :)

Happy Workout Wednesday!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: