Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fifty Shades of Mockingjay

San Diego Comic Con was last weekend. With that, comes great responsibility. Just kidding. It just means things got published to the Internet after they were revealed at the conference. Comic Con is on my bucket list right behind VidCon because YouTube is my first love. 

BUT FIRST, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer dropped on Thursday. I did read the first book. After being annoyed by sentence structure and ridiculous dialogue, I gave up even trying to read the other two books in the series. Evidently, the next two books contain more intrigue and drama if you can make it that far. The saving grace for this movie is that the screenplay wasn't written by E.L. James, it was written by Kelly Marcel who (according to IMDB) was a writer for "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Tera Nova." What is the only reason to see this movie? Jamie. Dornan. Am I right?


Now, one of the reasons I brought up Comic Con, the next installment of "The Hunger Games," Katniss is back to fight injustice. The "Mockingjay" trailer premiered at the conference and the reaction is a resounding HELL YES. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR, PRESIDENT SNOW. Also, PSH is featured in the trailer which tugs at my heart strings and the whole thing gave me goosebumps. I love action. I love strong female heros. I can't wait for this movie!!!


And now the other reason I brought up Comic Con, so many things were revealed about GoT. The cast was there. Maisie Williams (Arya) walked around in a dress made of graphic novels. She also walked around in a Spider-Man mask. The GoT Instagram captured all of the cast with their figurines. HBO also announced the cast for Season 5 which I haven't read the books so I'm completely unprepared. It looks like a whole other family gets in to the mix which will add some drama to the existing characters. Best of all, HBO released the blooper reel below from Season 4. It's hard being an actor is a really dark series. Sometimes you need to laugh and make jokes. :)


Since when is Hilary Duff making music again? I had no idea. My best friend alerted me to it this morning. Here is our review of the music video:
Best Friend: Who am I? I just watched the new Hilary Duff music video by choice!
Me: Oh my gosh. I'm on it.
BF: Lol
Me: I love Hilary.
BF: I know.
Me: She still has a child voice, that's kinda disappointing.
BF: Yes she does. Though it made me think of Sheryl Crow.
Me: I love when she smacked into the glass office. Yeah, very Sheryl Crow.  

I guess Hilary Duff wanted to give us a summer anthem. I'll take it. I'll probably watch the video 10 more times before the day is over. Not because I'm bored, I just genuinely like her. 

What's your summer anthem? Who do you wish you could splash around in the ocean with?

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: