Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday Tube Review

This week, I'm going to give my take on the past week in TV. There may be spoilers below if you are not up-to-date on the following shows. I watch a lot of TV, even in the summer when there aren't as many shows on. I watch a wide range of shows and I am pretty passionate about ALL OF THEM.

Source

Pretty Little Liars - "Run Ali Run"
  This show continues to be crazy town. With Ali back in the picture, it is never clear what is truth and what is conjecture. Ali weaves elaborate webs of lies and I am so confused. Who is A? Is A everyone? Is Ezra still involved with the A team? Where did Caleb come from? Is he back for good? I just have questions for this show. Questions that I feel will not have any answers for at least 2 more seasons. ;)

Source
Rizzoli & Isles - "The Best Laid Plans"
  I like this show but I am also growing bored of it. I watch it mostly for Isles' style (haha rhyming) and also because Angie Harmon is a badass. The stories just aren't as exciting as they used to be and the sexual tension between characters is nonexistent. I will continue to watch this show because of those two women but I can't say that I pay 100% attention to it while it's on. It is now my show that I use as background noise to Facebook browsing as well as pinning things on Pinterest. Sorry ladies. I need more intrigue.

Source

Covert Affairs - "Silence Kit"
  I don't like Annie and Auggie NOT being together. Do I love that THE pink power ranger (Amy Jo Johnson) is on the show now? Yes. But I don't love that she is getting it on with Auggie. He's my favorite. He's a gentleman and a badass. In this episode Eyal returns and his relationship with Annie is awesome. The respect they have for each other and their mutual trust is encouraging among the world of spies. I am intrigued with spies. It's consistently dangerous and they pick up on languages which is a skill I will never have and they see the world and I want to believe, have a global view of the world unlike most everyone else that lives in it. They have to understand different cultures and blend in. Yes, I realize this is a TV show but I rather enjoy the intrigue and the romance behind spying. Also, Annie's style is flawless. Her ability to run in heels amazes me. I think it was Rachel Bilson maybe that said something about always being able to run away in shoes. Is that right? I want to think it's correct sorry if I made up the quote.

Source

Finding Carter - "Drive"
  From what I can gather, this show is about a teen revolting against a mom that is trying to provide structure in the wake of a tragedy. This teen doesn't realize how her abduction changed her parents. Yes, Elizabeth is cold and withdrawn. Did you ever consider that she may be that way because her daughter was taken by another human? She hasn't necessarily been a cold person always. Give her a chance, Carter. You're being a dick. And in the episode, Dad finally steps up and tries to tell Carter why Elizabeth is the way she is. Good luck, Dad. I'm on your side.

Source

Married - Pilot
  I love Nat Faxon. I also love Judy Greer. My love for Nat began only earlier this year when I watched "The Way, Way Back" and I feel instantly in love with his goofy style and his hot bod. I'm a sucker for a strong set of shoulders and a full head of hair. I currently have a celebrity crush on this funny man. I think it probably has more to it than just his looks. He's a funny man. He's an Oscar winning funny man that wrote "The Descendants." Also, Judy Greer played the enemy in "13 Going on 30" which is one of my favorite coming of age movies if you can call it that. I believe that it is for a girl, anyway. Don't be a bitch. That's the lesson from "13 Going on 30" and also, have dance parties to Pat Benatar's songs. And, that's a lot of rambling. Married is funny. It's a rough look at marriage but it is entertaining. Also, the show features some guest stars who happen to be comedian friends of the cast and I love comedians. Among the guests on the pilot, Jenny Slate, Brett Gelman and John Hodgman made some appearances. I had Twitter interactions with them so I'm invested. This is why I love the Internet. I made friends.

Source

True Blood - "Return to Oz"
  NO BILL NO!!!! The end of the episode reveals something about Bill that just solidifies the fact that everyone will die before this season is over. Will anyone still be alive to see the future of the world with vampires and humans and werewolves and fairies all living together? I still love Sookie and her flip flopping among the men on the show. I can only hope that men will one day fight over me like they fight over Sookie. If only I had sweet smelling fairy blood. Damn.

On my to-watch list for the rest of summer is Drunk History as well as The Meltdown. Both shows are on Comedy Central and I will catch up now that I don't have work travel planned. If you have some time, you should probably catch up on Playing House. It's my new favorite show, mainly because it has Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair in it and writing it and producing it. It's hilarious. It'll give you all the smiles and laughs.

What are you watching? Also, when is The Vampires Diaries back? I'm having withdrawal...

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: