Monday, July 28, 2014

Weird & Beers & Work

This past week was weird. Work was not necessarily busy but at the same time, I was incredibly anxious. It was a busy week for after work activities which always throws me off my routine which in turn, makes me grumpy. I like to work my normal hours and then go to barre class and then watch TV and search the Internet for all of the gems I missed during work. Happy hours during the week annoy me more than they should which I suspect is because I am no longer 22. If I drink in the middle of the week, I want it to be wine and I want it to be from my couch so I can promptly crawl in to bed once the perfect level of tipsy has been achieved.

My team at work went out to lunch and then to get pedicures on Wednesday. I'm on a team of all women with the exception of one man who is considered a technical expert. We all got our toes done. Pedicures are my favorite and they are more my favorite when I don't have to pay for them. I am obsessed with Color Club's neon colors. I got Mrs. Robinson on my toes and evidently did not take a picture.

Pedicure at Cowboy Nails in Frisco

Friday the interns at work went out and did a sampling of Dallas things. They went to fancy dinner and then the Pocket Sandwich Theatre and then, Cowboys Red River. I enjoy country dancing sooooo much. I wish my friends enjoyed dancing and could dance so that I could go more often. I only get to go like every 6 months. I danced with everyone once they had enough drinks. I also spun around the dance floor with strangers. There was a nice looking cowboy that had danced with lots of girls so naturally, I asked him to dance. Only once we were dancing did I realize that he had neon yellow bracelets around his wrists marking him as under 21. Good job, me. Dancing was fun none the less. 



Saturday I met up with work friends at a hip place and had cocktails out of mason jars like the true hipsters we are. I had a delightful time and caught up with a friend that I had not seen in a while and his boyfriend. They're precious. I look forward to seeing them in Seattle over Labor Day for Bumbershoot. We are going to laaaaaaugh.


I hope this week is better than last week as far as my stress level and ability to sleep. Cheers to the last week of July bringing us closer to my favorite time of year, autumn. 

xoxo,
Liz


No comments: