Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Career & Passion & Goals

Recently, I’ve been struggling with defining my career path. I read article after article of young professionals setting goals and sticking to them and then becoming the boss of their own world. Kari Reston and Amber Venz and Eileen Street are three women around my age that have helped to shape and change their respective industries.

Source
Kari Reston now uses her knowledge of the corporate world and couples it with social media, specifically LinkedIn to help young professionals get the job and climb the ladder. I’m currently combing through her website in order to make my resume the best representation of myself. After proof-reading, maybe I’ll have a better idea of what I want to do by seeing what I have already accomplished.

Source


Amber Venz is a stylist, blogger and entrepreneur that developed a way for bloggers to make money from their posts. Her passion for fashion gave her a problem to solve, and she solved it beautifully.

Source


Eileen Street travels the globe with Contiki Vacations. Eileen took a passion for traveling and languages and did research to find the best fit for those passions.  

You can read their Career Profiles over on The Everygirl (links in names above).

After reading all of these amazing women’s profiles, I started to think what would be in mine. What sort of things would I be proud of? What accomplishments would there be that are not industry specific? What goals should I make in order to stack my profile?

Today’s Goal: Discover my passions.

Tomorrow’s Goal: Do more than read articles about other people’s careers. J

What kind of goals do you have for your career? What women inspire you?

xoxo,

Liz

No comments: