Tuesday, September 06, 2005

random

today in philosophy my prof went ROUND AND ROUND in circles about what exists and what are false beliefs and true opinions. hard things to put a definition behind. i thought that i was going to be completely lost in philosophy which is almost true. it's a bunch of questions that hardly ever have straight forward answers and to me, it's a difficult concept to grasp. evidently socrates believed that everyone who believes something should KNOW the evidence and reasons for the opinions you form. have you ever had trouble verbalizing your reasoning behind something? i know i have, therefore me and socrates would not have gotten along well and he probably would have thought me to be an idiot. :) at least i know that much right? hah. needless to say, i let my mind wander during philosophy and thought about my beliefs and what factual evidence there is behind the things i believe. belief in one God would be a true opinion that has no factual evidence behind it (some would argue at least.) weird stuff to concentrate on. makes you question everything. i don't like it.

so there ya have it, a liz random moment. i know you enjoyed it.

No comments: