Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Final Countdown




In a month, I turn 30. As the date nears and I enter this new chapter of my life, I get more and more anxious. Is this where I thought I would be at 30? Why am I okay with my life 95% of the time and then the other 5% of the time, I compare my life to others?

It's frustrating. It's not encouraging. And it will depress me if I dwell on it any longer.

So, I'm not going to. Let's celebrate our lives as much as possible. I'm proud of my professional accomplishments. I'm proud of the fact that I didn't force myself into marrying young just because I thought that was the plan. I'm proud that I realize the importance of fitness and a healthy lifestyle. I'm proud of myself for learning the value of a dollar. I'm proud of the relationships that I do have and have cultivated.

So let's go into this final countdown with a positive attitude and hopefulness.

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: