Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Responding to Inadequacy

Y'all need to read this and then read that... those words written below.

Yesterday, I was going through websites that the firewall would actually let me look at and ended up reading Louise's blog post from Monday about the feeling of inadequacy in response probably from negative comments on some sort of social media. Louise is the sweetest, bubbliest, real and inspiring person. And completely relatable.

She and I are around the same age and according to her post, we have recently realized certain things about the world that make us a little angry. Yet, we focus on the pretty things that make us happy.

I don't feel confident at this time to discuss issues that I truly have strong opinions about. Unfortunately, expressing these opinions is not a strong suit of mine therefore, I don't talk about them in casual conversations. I have lots of thoughts on feminism, healthcare in the US and the growing economic divide between poor and rich in all countries. Yes, you read that correctly. These are things I have opinions on, but I won't talk about them.

Do I feel inadequate because I cannot discuss these things? ALL OF THE TIME.

I like things. I like makeup. I like traveling. I like fashion. I like YouTube. I like Podcasts. I like you.

Those are things I feel comfortable discussing and recapping and recommending. That's just the truth.  In Louise's post she discusses things to make you happy. I agree. Happiness to me is about control. Control of the topics I want to talk about. If I do not have control of something, I don't want to waste time talking about it or thinking about it or stewing about it.

If you would like to talk about the far more serious topics I mentioned earlier, I will be happy to give you some links to people discussing it that I like to read and most of the time agree with. :)

Pretty much it's a lot of vlogbrother videos with a sprinkle of other sources but really, it's just vlogbrothers.

#dftba

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: