Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fall TV Premieres

It's the most overwhelming time of the year. It's the time to make sure all of your shows land on your DVR and none of them are left out. But what about all of the new shows you want to watch? Do you go ahead and subscribe to the whole season? Just one episode? If you go the one episode route, then you have to decide quickly whether you will invest in those characters or if they just aren't worth your time.

I went through my series list on my DVR just now. I have forty shows on the list. FORTY SHOWS. My only saving grace is that they aren't all on in the fall. Thank, goodness. Whatever will I do? 

Every year around this time, I sit down with my computer and each network's website and decide who gets in to my lineup and who does not. Here are some of the new shows coming out this fall that I am interested in. Some of them because of the story and some because they have actors I like and I want them to succeed. 

ABC: SELFIE, Manhanttan Love Story (clip below)




This is in addition to the ABC shows I already watch, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Nashville, ONCE (Which I'm a season behind on) & Revenge (also a season behind on).



In addition to Parenthood & The Blacklist (I'm practically a full season behind on this one, oops).

CBS: No New Shows, Just Criminal Minds, 2 Broke Girls & Mom



In addition to New Girl, The Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

TheCW: The Vampire Diaries

ABC Family: Pretty Little Liars when it comes back at Christmastime.

FX/FXX: The League, The Americans, Fargo
I think Married & You're the Worst will be over after like next week but I currently watch those as well. I haven't started SOA but I know people love the absolute S#*! out of that show. I'll add it to my very long list of Netflix watching that needs to occur.

USA: Covert Affairs, Playing House
I gave up on White Collar and I still feel guilty about it.

TNT: Rizzoli & Isles, Franklin & Bash, Dallas
I wish I had watched The Last Ship so we'll see if I find time to go down that path. Also, I should confess that I'm incredibly behind on Dallas... I truly have good intentions where TV is concerned. I just don't have enough time. I need a job where all I do is watch TV. Find that for me.

TBS: I want to watch Ground Floor. I like Rory Scovel. I'll give his show a chance.

AMC: Mad Men, The Walking Dead
I'm behind on both. I'm starting to see a theme but as I look at more television websites I see more shows that I should be watching. 

MTV: Finding Carter, Awkward
#cantstopwontstop 

Showtime: Homeland 

HBO: Nothing right now... I have lots of catching up to do on Boardwalk Empire

I have some work to do which has been made incredibly clear by this post. Here is a good link that has start dates of shows and entire list of all the possible shows you could be watching. http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/fall-preview-a-z.aspx

Happy television watching, y'all!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: