Monday, March 16, 2015

Hi, Blog! It's me, Liz!

One thing I wanted to do when I started this blog was review all of the workout studios that I stumble into. I've recently become a Class Pass holder which allows me to go to all kinds of workout studios. 


Within Class Pass, you can favorite specific studios.


And see your schedule for the week.


So today, I figured I would review the most recent class I took which was Pure Barre.

I'm going to try to standardize my reviews so let's dissect Pure Barre based on overall cardio, toning, studio accommodations, instructor energy, music and confidence.

Cardio - I moved the entire class time. There were glimpses of standing still but that was it. Each set was brief and there was zero time to get bored.

Toning - This is the goal of barre class. To tone. To tone women's bodies because butts and thighs are our problem areas. I hope I get toned but as far as I know, Pure Barre instructors don't take the time to make sure participants are in the proper form. While positive feedback from the instructor is always welcome, there were zero corrections made to people's form. I think that's a little odd for a class whose main purpose is to tone.

Studio Accommodations - The studio was cute and neat and modern in appearance. There was merchandise to buy as well as cubbies for personal items. 

Instructor Energy - The instructor was positive and lively. She cheered us on while still being firm on when to make changes to the next series. At times, she had to almost yell because the music was so loud.

Music - Too loud. And like a club but without any vocals or semblance of a melody. At times the music didn't even have a beat. The whole class style relies upon a beats per minute or bpm to keep everyone in sync. 

Confidence - Are you confident when you leave class? Do you feel good or feel defeated? I felt good but I think part of it was because I had been to a barre class before and knew where my body needed to be. 

Overall, I give Pure Barre 3 out of 5 stars because it was fun but at the same time a little frustrating. I've been to better barre studios. And by studios, I mean The Bar Method. 

If you have the option to go to either, I suggest The Bar Method. 


My face pretty much sums up the impression the class made on me.

Go workout, people. It's fun and weird.

xoxo,
Liz

No comments: